The mission of the Oakland Food Policy Council OFPC is to establish an equitable and sustainable food system.
OFPC STRIVES TO CREATE AN OAKLAND WHERE:
- Every Oakland resident is within walking distant to healthy, affordable food
- Oakland residents from all communities are conscious of the impact of their food choice on their bodies, their families, their communities and the environment
- Oakland residents are active in food policy development and outcomes
- The Oakland food system is an engine for local economic development and involves local and regional agricultural communities
- Food, hunger, and food systems is a permanent part of the City of Oakland’s agenda
- OFPC is an advisor and contributor on national food policy
To learn more about our goals, click here.